The Pharmacy Technician will perform the following duties under the supervision of a Pharmacist: removing drug(s) from stock; counting, pouring, or mixing pharmaceuticals, placing the product into a container, affixing the label or labels to the container, packaging and repackaging, type prescription label(s) or enter prescription information into a computer record system, verifying/revivifying insurance benefits, answer incoming and making outbound calls to all patients, provider’s offices, insurance companies, handle payment transaction(s) at the Point of Service (POS) and reconcile beginning and end of day transactions.
Education, Experience & Licensure:
Candidate should have a high school diploma or G.E.D., an Associate of Art Degree or higher is preferred in related health field. Graduate from ASHP accredited Pharmacy Technician Training program with 240 hour externship program and/or Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Skills & Requirements:
- Active California Pharmacy Technician License
- Proficient in English, verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (conversational) in Spanish, Mandarin, and Cantonese is a plus
- Strong computer skills with the ability to type 30+ wpm
- Must have a positive attitude, be energetic and flexible, have excellent phone etiquette and provide excellent customer service